Code of Conduct
Nottingham Hockey Club Code of Conduct
This will apply to all hockey played whether, league games, friendly matches or training sessions.
Expected Minimum Standards of Behaviour and Conduct
· Respect the spirit of fair play in hockey. This is more than playing within the rules. It also incorporates the concepts of friendship, respect for others and always participating with the right spirit.
· Respect the rights, dignity and worth of others.
· Respect umpires, officials, coaches, players and spectators. No abuse will be tolerated at any time.
· Conduct themselves in a manner that takes all reasonable measures to protect their own safety and the safety of others.
· Never participate when under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
· Promote the reputation of the sport and take all possible steps to prevent it from being brought into disrepute.
· Accept success and failure, victory and defeat, with dignity.
· Set a positive example for others, particularly young participants and spectators.
· Protect others involved in the game from verbal or physical abuse and threatening or intimidating behaviour.
· Only the Team Captains should discuss decisions with Umpires during a game. Direct any queries to your Captain.
· Shake hands with opponents and Umpires at the end of a game.
· Never use inappropriate language or gestures.
· Abide by the England Hockey Safeguarding and Protecting Young People in Hockey Policy and Procedures and Good Practice Guidelines. (available to view www.englandhockey.co.uk)
· Abide by the England Hockey Equity Policy (available to view www.englandhockey.co.uk)
· Abide by the England Hockey Anti-doping Rules. (available to viewwww.englandhockey.co.uk)
· Abide by the England Hockey Code of Conduct and Behaviour (available to view atwww.englandhockey.co.uk/equityethicsandbehaviour.
· Abide by the Nottingham Hockey Club disciplinary code
· Let Captains know availability as soon as possible and avoid late withdrawals except through injury or exceptional circumstances
· It’s players’ responsibility to check times & travel arrangements. Players are expected to be at venue 45 minutes before start and ready for team talk & warm up 30 mins before start time. This may be increased by team Captains.
· Club kit should be worn; shirts may be borrowed while shirts are on order. All league away games are played in white shirts & white socks (& blue shorts).
· Players will be notified of cancellations by Captain
· Red and yellow card procedure will follow EHB guidelines. Note the First team have had points docked for receiving too many Yellows in the past. Players may be reported to the Committee for too many Yellows or general disciplinary offences wo may issue relevant sanctions as deemed appropriate, including suspension.
· Players should arrange thheir own personal accident insurance
Watch what you say! Clubs have been fined by the Notts Hockey Association for comments made by private individuals on their private Twitter accounts which breach their regulations; the most recent was £200. Same applies for comments in match reports & websites.
Any fines levied on the club for breaches of these regulations will be charged to the individual who makes them. So please think before you post.